Sunday, October 21, 2012

10000 km on my Yamaha FZ16

10000 km on my Yamaha FZ16
10000 km on my Yamaha Fz16
10000 km on my Yamaha FZ16

On January 14th 2012, I took one of the best decisions of my life. I bought a Yamaha Fz16 . I had the specific requirement of a city bike, since I needed to travel almost 50 km everyday within the city. So my friends suggested Fz as a good city bike.

It took me 9 months and 8 days to finish 10000 km and at the end of it I was left surprised that just few months back I wasn't sure if the costliest thing I am buying is a good idea or not.

The bike is the perfect city bike anyone can get, it's very light and handling is extremely smooth. The brakes are extremely good and have saved my bones a couple of times.

Yamaha Fz 16 Silencer
Yamaha Fz 16 Silencer
One problem I have faced till now is a very irritating false neutral . Its quite dangerous when that happens to a newbie on slopes. Now I have got used to it and manage to get out of it in no time.

The best part of the bike is the silencer, it looks so beautiful and probably gets a lot of evil eyes. The only part which gets damaged is the silencer cover. the beautiful silencer cover. If the bike falls on the right hand side the silencer cover easily gets damaged. And the beautiful silencer starts to look hideous.

I have always observed the silencer cover of other Fz's on road and it'll almost always be damaged.

The Tyre pressure is ideally supposed to be 29-33 which always confuses the petrol bunk guy , somehow he feels every bike is a pulsar.

There have been no issues whatsoever with my bike and driving it is still a pleasure. Though the pillion rider doesn't feel the same way. The seat is too small for the pillion, though the new Fz seems to have fixed that.

The longest trip I have gone has been to Mysore and It was quite an experience.

Which bike do you own and how was your experience. Do share in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Yamaha is famous for making most stylish and stunning bikes which are laded with speedy and powerful engine.Its Yamaha FZ16 got good response in the market.

    ReplyDelete